Finding and Linking to Scholarly Articles
The library provides access to the following tools to help you find and link to scholarly articles:
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that facilitates access to full text articles on the web. LibKey Nomad:
- Shows you when articles are available to you through Macalester Library
- Works on publisher websites, PubMed, and Wikipedia
- Is currently available for the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Brave, and Vivaldi
Setting Up and Using LibKey Nomad
- Go to the Download LibKey Nomad website.
- Click on the icon for your browser of choice and follow the prompts to add the extension.
- Choose Macalester College as your organization.
Once you have set up the extension, a LibKey Nomad button will appear on websites anytime there is an article citation with either a DOI or PMID. Clicking on the button will link you to the full text if it is available. If we don't have access to the full text through our collections, it will take you to the page where you can request the article via ILL.
If you have a DOI or PMID for an article, you can quickly look up our access to it using LibKey.io. The LibKey.io URL is also a permalink that you can share.